I was asked to create a treat for our Epicure team meeting tonight using this months customer special, Epicure’s delicious Peppermint matcha hot chocolate!! This is what I created…
These brownies are chocolatey, chewy, and have a hint of mint!! I always feel like St. Patrick’s day is the perfect time for mint/chocolate treats! I’m sure Leprechauns love mint! Anyways, I made these brownies in Epicure’s Perfect petites pan but you could do them in a traditional pan if you don’t have the Perfect petites. If you ask me everyone should get the Perfect petites pan because it’s perfect for making adorable mini treats!!! On to the recipe!
- 1 cup butter – melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons egg whites (or an extra egg)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Epicure’s peppermint matcha hot chocolate mix (dry)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (mint chocolate for a more minty taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, egg whites, and vanilla
- In a second bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in hot chocolate mix and chocolate chips.
- Place petites pan on a cookie sheet. Using a basting brush lightly grease Perfect petites pan.
- Divide batter evenly
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until tooth pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on rack.