It’s been a hot minute since I shared a recipe but these cookies are too fun to not share!! They are soft, festive and chewy and everything that a Christmas cookie should be!
• 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
• 3/4 cups brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup milk
• 3/4 cup molasses
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup sprinkles
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Add the egg and milk and beat to combine. Add the molasses and beat until fully combined. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
3. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no dry patches remain.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour but I usually leave mine 24 hours
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
6. Add Christmas sprinkles to a shallow bowl.
7. Use a small cookie scoop to portion the dough into even balls of dough.
8. Roll the dough in the Christmas sprinkles and place on the prepared baking trays, at least 2” apart.
9. Bake in matches for 10 minutes and cool on rack